Slow | Freeze Dried
Healthy "earth considered" food provisions to nourish and encourage outdoor accessibility and connection for everybody, the active or passive adventurer, backpacker, camper, orienteerer-navigator, mountain biker, trail runner, sailor, skier, search and rescue volunteer, horse rider, aviator, caver, locations scout [^], school walking bus activities and so much more. After all, New Zealand is a nature, bushbiotic and wilderness paradise so our EATRIGHT (trademark) foods are designed and made to sustain, not water weighted, ingredient rich, a valuable source of energy, all season suitable, with natural and non GMO ingredients.
Depending on the product, various pre approved organic methods of drying (air, freeze, semi, dehydrate, sun, oven ), pressure (hand or machine, stamped, rolled or cold pressed) or a combination of novel, Kiwi ingenuity, nature simulated systems are used [*]. A variety of shapes (without limitation) are possible eg a round or 'misc' design (dried apple, 'kiwi fruit' slices, grapes (red, green etc), balls, cookies, cracker biscuits, mini cakes), 'rectangles' (crackers, snackers, bars), triangles or 'polygon' (corners, cake slices).
With the SlowDriedˣ (Slow Dried) processing philosophy
- The interlocked moisture allows the products to be nutrient dense, less processed and high in quality
- Are suitable for vegetarians, semi-vegetarians, flexitarians, plant-based and vegetarian-curious [*]
- Where possible, the ingredients are local, seasonal, unsullied [**] and sustainably grown
- There is no permitted glyphosate accelerator drying or 'desiccating' [***] used in the 100% organic products, and New Zealand is leading the way on low or ‘ultra-low’ residue inputs (see eg Apple Futures program)
- Uses several replenishable resources
- Mineral and vitamin rich (not enriched) and the use of extracts are, most often, not needed
Interestingly, there is now greater recognition that “seasonality, preservation methods, organic food, different production systems (extensive-intensive), food classifications and holistic approaches” require further consideration in nutrition criteria and analysis of diets [****].
And, although solid food structures are considered important in the overall digestive process, you will find the EATRIGHT® products are soft to eat, not twice baked or 'hard tack'. Try the EATRIGHT® organic dried apple, gold kiwifruit slices and the EATRIGHT (trademark) Ginger (switchel) Cookies, a welcome relief in no subscription ration packs, emergency sustenance, survival packs or even as 'creative tourism' souvenirs. The organic green kiwifruit slices are available in air dried or bespoke freeze dried variants. Please indicate which processing type the order section.
The holistic processing techniques used, enable the EATRIGHT® Superseeded (version 3.0) Crackers to be a good natural source of Magnesium, Thiamin, Niacin and a source of Phosphorous, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium, Omega 3 and Vitamin E. Consuming three crackers (a serving size 30g or 1oz) contributes to energy, iron transport, metabolism, and reduces tiredness and fatigue. A 4.5 Health Star Rated product.
Try the "Dried Wild Mushroom Mix". They are a forest foraged, hand harvested then dehydrated mix of bolete edible fungi (symbionts from the undergrowth of birch, larch, Pinus Radiata and Douglas-fir trees). Naturally rich in dietary fiber, umami (grown in New Zealand’s high UV levels, less pollution, less pests and diseases environment) are a good source of vitamin D2 [*****] (provitamin D2 converted to previtamin D2), B vitamins (including B12), zinc, potassium, copper and selenium micro-nutrients. Research has found that mushrooms ('highest levels in bolete") are one of the best dietary sources of amino acid “L-ergothioneine” (ERGO) [******] also referred to as the 'longevity vitamin', with consumption appearing to have a positive effect on cognitive/memory health. You can snack on them straight from the pack, to enjoy their intense flavor, or rehydrate by soaking in warm water for about 15 minutes, a great product or natural taste enhancer ingredient. Buy now
Spray free, shell dried, hand cracked walnuts, sourced from one hundred and fifty year old South Island trees, have been used in certain bespoke products and in the hibernated EATRIGHT (trademark) energy balls (currently abbreviated to "e-balls" since experimental food research could mean a significant lowering of the energy content and a 'deferred' decision on a general level 'walnut' health claims ). Sourcing direct from multiple owner operated farmers and ('orphaned crop') growers means shorter lead-times, lower stock (holding/banking/forecasting) requirements and greater flexibility on minimum order quantities. Payment upfront (sometimes 'missing' form of microfinance) is offered to small suppliers in need; part of the responsible fair treatment of fellow entrepreneurs program.
Other ingredients such as the Fairtrade (chocolate, cocoa powder, raw sugar) and the carbonzero™ (unsalted butter made from pure, waterlessened, ‘heavy’ cream), have differing processing techniques to those mentioned above. However, the techniques used are scrutinized and approved to multiple standards by internationally recognized organic certifiers (ie "no dramatic alteration to the chemical structure of the natural product". For the Theobroma cacao L. (source of theobromine) powder, the alkalization process also provides a source of potassium function.
In our “daring to be different” minimalist business philosophy, we aim to do a thousand things in innovative ways, adapting to change at kinematic, dynamic speeds and celebrate everything that increases awareness and resiliency. That includes inverted, be curious and creative thinking; since, the hardest thing in the world can be to simplify (or use clean thinking), with it easier to make things too complex or byzantine.
- Non GMO, not bioengineered (not BE) always; Certified Organic Ingredients (whenever possible). Germplasm diverse to assist with food security
- Shop shelf life extended, EATRIGHT® distributed, forest foraged edible fungi, organic multi varietal kiwi fruit and apples. Always grown outdoors, in our ‘more sun, less pollution, less pests and diseases’ New Zealand conditions
- Enjoy the ‘better choice’ EATRIGHT® cookies. Non synthetic sources of essential vitamins (A, B1, B3 & K2), essential minerals (Fe, Mg, Zn & K) essential amino acids, rutin (with "numerous pharmacological properties") and more than 3g of prebiotics per serving. Low lactose, no sugar alcohols, 65% less total sugars, no raising agents.
- ‘More benefits in every bite’ pragmatic and syntactic products with special, great tasting, great service, 'finishing touches'
- Constantly rethinking ways to preserve essential micro nutrients and minimize food waste
- FRET FREE e-shop. Every product page has key nutrition information in ONE place: NO separate [ingredient, nutrition, attribute, shelf life, pack types, sizes, prices, photo] pages or steps, NO account needed, NO fees added, a seamless (less flash, more function) process
- And Kiwi dollar ecommerce price preservation over time. (Default currency is $NZ (sales tax inclusive); global currencies available)
- Scrumptious EATRIGHT® Super-Seed (Salutary Snack) and EATRIGHT® Superseeded Crackers: curative functional foods with partially sprouted seeds and bitter botanicals. Contributes to normal: neurological, nervous and immune system functions, macro-nutrient metabolism, electrolyte balance, reduces fatigue and other health benefits . No added oil.
ONLINE SHOP Secure payment, 1-2 day delivery (NZ), no minimums, FREE shipping on orders over $49, satisfaction guarantee
[*] “Concern...when a person’s diet is composed exclusively of uncooked plant foods”. Antinutrients in Plant-based Foods: A Review by Aneta Popova and Dasha Mihaylova (pub. Jul’19) https://openbiotechnologyjournal.com/VOLUME/13/PAGE/68/. Traditional Food-Processing and Preparation Practices to Enhance the Bioavailability of Micronutrients in Plant-Based Diets by Christine Hotz and Rosalind S. Gibson (pub. Apr’07) https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/137.4.1097
[**] Unsullied a. not spoiled or made impure by Oxford Dictionary online https://www.lexico.com/definition/unsullied
[***] Why Is Glyphosate Sprayed on Crops Right Before Harvest? by EcoWatch (pub. Mar’16) https://www.ecowatch.com/roundup-cancer-1882187755.html
[****] Indicators and Recommendations for Assessing Sustainable Healthy Diets by Maite M. Aldaya, Francisco C. Ibañez, Paula Domínguez-Lacueva, María Teresa Murillo-Arbizu, Mar Rubio-Varas, Beatriz Soret and María JoséBeriain (pub. May’21) https://www.researchgate.net/publication/352105554_Indicators_and_Recommendations_for_Assessing_Sustainable_Healthy_Diets
[*****] Photobiology of vitamin D in mushrooms and its bioavailability in humans by Raphael-John H. Keegan, Zhiren Lu, Jaimee M. Bogusz, Jennifer E. Williams, and Michael F. Holick (pub. Jan’13) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3897585
[******] Ergothioneine sources https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergothioneine. See also: Ergothioneine – a diet-derived antioxidant with therapeutic potential by Barry Halliwell, Irwin K. Cheah and Richard M. Y. Tang (pub. May’18) https://febs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/1873-3468.13123
 Oven Temperature = "Slow" or "Moderately Slow"; Oven Time = typically "Short Time". Lower temperatures and faster times than “oven roasted peanuts” (177degC, 350degF, 35mins; Comparison of Methods for Determining Retentions of Nutrients in Cooked Foods by Murphy EW, Criner PE, and Gray BC (pub. ‘75)) USDA Table of Nutrient Retention Factors (release 6) reference
 Walnuts are a good natural source of vitamin B6 (pyridoxal phosphate) (0.6mg/100g)(38%DI), so 'contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity'. Yet there appears to be a ‘deferred’ decision on “contributes to the improvement of the elasticity of blood vessels” https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/code/proposals/Documents/P293_SD9.pdf
 Selected FSANZ general level health claims https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/code/Documents/Sched%204%20Nutrition%20and%20health%20claims%20v159.pdf
[^] Film, TV programs, commercials and/or news of interest: locations scout
LEGEND: [*] or asterisk, is used to reference additional material (eg scientific or erudite research); [#] or number, is used to reference nutrition on-label or in-shop information; [^] or caret, is used to insert additional meaning, description