Slow | Freeze Dried
Healthy "earth considered" food provisions to nourish and encourage outdoor accessibility and connection for everybody, the active or passive adventurer, backpacker, camper, orienteerer, mountain biker, trail runner, sailor, search rescue volunteer, horse rider, aviator, caver, location scout, school walking bus activities and so much more. After all, New Zealand is a nature and wilderness paradise so our EATRIGHT (trademark) foods are designed and made to sustain, not water weighted, ingredient rich, a valuable source of energy, all season suitable, with natural and non GMO ingredients.
The packaging is resistant to the elements (ie rain, sand and snow proof), resealable, re:useable (eg as a leak proof, water bladder), lightweight, durable and compostable. It ensures food safety and functionality with straight from the pack consumption. Depending on the product, various pre approved (organic) methods of drying (air, freeze, semi, dehydrate, sun, oven), pressure (hand or machine, stamped, rolled or pressed) or a combination of nature simulated systems are used. A variety of (prim-ary) shapes are possible eg round (for the dried apple or kiwifruit slices, cookies, cracker biscuits, mini cakes), rectangles (crackers, snackers, bars), triangles (corners, cake slices).
The SlowDriedˣ philosophy
- The locked in moisture allows the Slow Dried products to be nutrient dense, less processed and high in quality
- They complement a plant based diet as they add fruits, vegetables, whole seed lignans and suitable for vegetarians
- Where possible, the ingredients are local, seasonal and sustainably grown eg unique New Zealand medicinal bush pepper
- Maintain a good shelf life with less deterioration in comparison to overly processed products
- Uses replenish able resources
Although solid food structures are considered important in the overall digestive process, you will find our products are soft to eat, not twice baked or 'hard tack'. Try the EATRIGHT® organic dried apple, gold kiwifruit slices and the EATRIGHT (trademark) Ginger (switchel) Cookies, a welcome relief in (no contract, no subscription) ration packs, emergency sustenance, survival packs or even as 'creative tourism' souvenirs. The organic green kiwifruit slices are available in air dried or bespoke freeze dried variants. Please indicate which processing type the order section.
The holistic processing techniques used, enable the EATRIGHT® Superseeded (version 3.0) Crackers to be a good natural source of Magnesium, Thiamin, Niacin and a source of Phosphorous, Iron, Zinc, Manganese, Selenium, Omega 3 and Vitamin E. Consuming three crackers (a serving size 30g or 1oz) contributes to energy, iron transport, metabolism, and reduces tiredness and fatigue. A 4.5 Health Star Rated product.
Try the "Dried Wild Mushroom Mix"; forest foraged and then dehydrated, they are a mix of pine bolete, larch bolete, slippery jack and birch bolete edible fungi. Naturally rich in dietary fiber, wild umami are a particularly good source of B vitamins (including B12), zinc, potassium, copper and selenium micro-nutrients. New research has found that mushrooms (bolete, in particular) are one of the best dietary sources of amino acid “L-ergothioneine”, with consumption appearing to have a positive effect on cognitive, brain, memory health. You can snack on them straight from the pack, to enjoy their intense flavor, or rehydrate by soaking in warm water for about 15mins, a great product or taste enhancer ingredient. Buy now
Spray free, shell dried, hand cracked walnuts, sourced from one hundred and fifty year old trees, have been used in certain bespoke products and the hibernated EATRIGHT (trademark) energy balls. Sourcing direct from multiple owner operated farmers and ('orphaned crop') growers means shorter lead-times, lower stock (holding/banking) requirements and greater flexibility on minimum order quantities. Payment upfront (a form of microfinance) is offered to small suppliers in need; part of the responsible fair treatment of fellow entrepreneurs program.
In our “daring to be different” holistic business philosophy, we aim to do a thousand things in innovative ways, adapting to change at dynamic speeds and celebrate everything that increases awareness and resiliency. That includes inverted, be curious and creative thinking; since, the hardest thing in the world can be to simplify, with it *easier* to make things too complex.
- Non GMO (always), Certified Organic Ingredients (whenever possible) food products
- ‘More benefits in every bite’ pragmatic products with special, great tasting, great service, 'finishing touches'
- Not over processed, extruded or mass produced; no nasties, water lessened, worry free
- Shop organic, shelf life extended, multi varietal kiwifruit, apples and wild harvested mushrooms
- Discover the EATRIGHT® healthful cookies and crackers (source of protein, essential amino acids (notably tryptophan), dietary fiber, vitamins (B1, B3 & A), minerals (Mg, Fe, Zn, Mn), 65% less total sugars)
- Rethinking ways to preserve essential micro nutrients and minimize food waste
- FRET FREE fantastic online shopping. No account needed, no fees added, an easy peasy seamless process
- And Kiwi dollar ecommerce price preservation. (Default currency is $NZ (sales tax inclusive); global currencies available)
ONLINE SHOP Secure payment, 1-2 day delivery (NZ), no minimums, FREE shipping on orders over $49, satisfaction guarantee
“happy to be carrying a less processed fruit in our rations room. We have a sign in our room that talks about you all as well, hoping to spread the word about your awesome products. I shared them with staff and everyone super fell in love with the kiwis”. Katie, Arizona, USA
“This is the time of year when I'd usually put my order in for our next season. But because our students will need to travel from the USA, it's uncertain at this point whether we'll be running any courses then. I'll get in touch once we know”. Rations Manager, NZ