EATRIGHT® believes in full food utilization as much as possible ... so our dried foods use fruit and vegetables which are not perfect in size, shape or can't quite get to the right brix. We also limit our range to reduce the likelihood of waste from expired products and have products you can eat straight from the pack ... to reduce a step in food chain inefficiencies.
To ensure we are as carbon efficient as possible, the technologies and processes used are not bound by tradition – they are robust yet inventive. We take our responsibilities seriously … analysing the total energy used to get our products to market, circular economy initiatives such as planting thousands of trees (thank you Tim, Glen and team) and investigate experimental uses such as pine bark extract as a forest-to-plate initiative!
If you enjoy the excitement of old favourites you thought were extinct (such as our much loved EATRIGHT® Gingerchoc, Choc-holics and Ginger Cookies), the thrill of finding new research supported food synergies or frugal creativity… Eat Right Foods welcomes your re-love in our food renovation, reinvention, resilience journey!
Although it is now fashionable, Eat Right has been using recycled “shipper” boxes for online orders for nearly nineteen years and it’s been in our food safety certifications since 2003 !!! The product packaging ... which have included initiatives such as potato starch food trays (using a waste by-product), cellophane bags, vegetable oil inks, 100% recycled fiber boxes, paper bags made from 70% recycled paper … will move to fully compostable packaging soon.
Of course we would always like to do more … so please let us know if you have any sustainable food production improvement ideas ie ways to reduce food loss, food waste or general waste reduction suggestions. Suggestions have been gratefully received and enacted from the Sustainable Business Network “Product Stewardship Project”.
- Natural, safe, GE / GMO free and Certified Organic Ingredients used when possible
- Healthy Snacks - dried fruit-vegetables, cookies, crackers and custom products
- Not over-processed or mass produced; no nasties; worry free
- "Great tasting!", unique attributes ..."more benefits in every bite"
- Exciting new season organic air-dried green kiwifruit for immunity and gut health
- Food parcels for family or friends around the world - FREE shipping on orders >$49
- Unique barcode prefix (9421001) for traceability and improved shopping “search results”
- Rethinking ways to preserve essential micro-nutrients and minimize food waste
ONLINE SHOP Secure payment, 1-2 day delivery (in NZ), no minimums, FREE shipping on orders >$49, satisfaction guarantee
“Sending to my sister and niece in London … I have been sending them to her periodically since 2012 … It just shows how unique your products are” Meredith, Christchurch
“My daughter is 20 months old, she loves the chocoholic ones for afternoon tea, & they're a much better choice than supermarket brands. Tastier too” Samila, Nelson.